Saturday 27 October 2012

Arrived

The flight, with BA, was OK. I had a French woman sat next to me who'd lost her travelling companions at the airport. They missed a flight connection. So a lot of hullaballoo from her. The food was quite good - Indian vegetarian curries. I watched Prometheus (which was rubbish) and some Steve Carroll/Keira Knightley movie about the end of the world that was bad enough to turn off. The landing seemed to be on one wheel. I thought we were going to roll over and judging by the faces around me I wasn't alone.

The pick up from Koenig was efficient. Met at arrivals with info about my stay & train tickets for tomorrow (and 1000 Rupees). The car journey from airport to hotel passed such sites as:


  • men having full body washes at the side of the road
  • monkeys
  • more monkeys
  • big red bottomed monkeys
  • cows everywhere
  • people living in containers
  • loads of jungle


Then suddenly we were here. Karol Barg. It is really congested part of town. No air. There is a tiny park outside (like a London suburb garden) which has mini-squirrels in it.
Koenig Inn is very basic. It is clean, and breakfast is OK, and the bed is big, and the TV shows US/UK movies & BBC sport so am happy about that.

So far just napped. Will go and explore in a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment