Thursday 1 November 2012

After 4 days

After the blitz of topics on the first day, the pace has slowed now and course #2 seems to be consolidating much of course #1, with some new topics such as autofs & ldap. I'm now a lot more confident with RedHat & have created several custom builds of it for my Fedora VMM to run. Shikha is very confident I will pass. Me, not so sure still. My memory is not what it used to be.

As for the rest, well I am not seeing much of India at the moment. My days are:

breakfast at 8am (ALWAYS omelette and toast, sometimes added to that might be pancakes or potato cakes). There are cereals but I don't trust milk unless purchased from a UK supermarket (or in Starbucks) so I tend to leave them alone. We have lots of fruit too.

Cab to training center at 08.30 via the Koenig managed apartments. These are in a gated community very close (easily walkable) to the training center. The roads here are manicured but some of the private houses look in bad condition. One of the Indian students told me it is because of the monsoon. It rains so hard, and for so long, that buildings always need renovation afterwards. It must be hell having to do that every year.

Classes from 09:00 to 13:00.

Lunch from 13:00 - 14:00. These are always good. Rice, meat curries, veg curries, chapattis, salad, fruit, juice, coke. Today they tried a Thai chicken curry...this was basically an Indian curry with added lemongrass (no coconut) but still really nice.

Classes again from 14:00 - 17:00

Cab home.

Study from 17:30 to 19:30.

Dinner at 19:30 - we have the same chef here as at the training center. I've just had lamb curry, a mixed veg dry curry, with rice & chapattis. Again, it is always good. Josef, a Kenyan student, made a very valid point: 1 in 6 of the worlds population (i.e the Indian population) cooks & eats like this...they have perfected  this style of cooking.

Then study again until 11 or 12 in the evening.

 I think I'll try and nip into Dehradun tomorrow after school, it is about time I saw something else other than a computer screen. I do have a trip booked on Sunday to Mussorie. High in the hills. You can see the Himalayas on a good day.

I'll post some more pics tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment