Tuesday 13 November 2012

Delhi Delights

Delhi is a little quieter today. In advance of all the fireworks later. I had a shopping day. First off to "Moments Mall". I decided to go by metro train using a smartcard, which I charged up with the massive amount of £1.20. Found a pair of trainers that actually fit, which was a bonus. And had one of these at the food court:
MMMMmmmmasala dosa. Hopped back on the metro to Connaught Place. This a pair of concentric circular streets around a park. It is a main shopping district. It is supposedly classic Delhi architecture, but looks a little knackered to me. Bought some tourist tat, then back on the metro for Karol Barg market looking for raw silk, but the only raw silk shop was closed for Diwali so I came back to the Inn and took loads of movies of fireworks! Cant post them here so here is a photo:
Off to Agra tomorrow and doing an overnight stop. I was offered a guest house or (for about £35 more) a "nice" hotel. I opted for nice. They have booked me in here. I will NOT want to leave! The Wyndham Grand, Agra

No comments:

Post a Comment