Tuesday 6 November 2012

RHCE Stuff

Oh lord. Today we covered ISCSI, network config, port forwarding, iptables and syslog. Tomorrow: package management, file encryption, samba, ftp and troubleshooting the boot process. This is the real meat of the RHCE (along with http & postfix). There seems to be an AWFUL lot to learn.

However I did just configure two virtual servers on my laptop, in different networks, that could route via the main desktop host. I could therefore test out my aliasing, port forwarding & firewall skills. All good. My brain is feeling fuzzy though. All I want to do is watch a load of South Park episodes that I have on my hard drive. Instead...back to revision.

Its less than a week now to the exams. I'm really confident about the RHCSA. Just a bit nervous about the RHCE. Fingers crossed.

This is me, in my room, studying hard.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment