Friday 16 November 2012

Dusty Delhi

And so the wrap-up post.

On my last day I had a look around the old hippy trail center of Delhi. Charitably it might be described as Delhi's Khao San Road (Bangkok). The road is called Main Bazar, Pahar Ganj. It is full of shops selling "Indian" handicfrafts from all over the subcontinent. A couple of drug-victim hippy types described the shops as selling "tourist rubbish" but to my eyes matched their clothes exactly! Actually all the westerners I saw on the road were wearing "Indian" patterns of some description. The road had rooms for rent by the month, but I have a feeling some had been there decades. I went to find this shop:


Which had essential oils, Tia will be pleased. Also my eldest son is called Stanley, so it felt right. Most of the road looks like this:




And the verdict:

On India as a destination, you have to choose wisely. Personally I wouldn't come back to Delhi unless I had to. All the other Koenig places have major advantages over Delhi: the mountains in Shimla & Dehradun (& the clean air!), the beach at Goa. 

The training (and everyone I have spoken to agrees) is absolutely top notch, and the class sizes never seem to exceed 2. 

Is it worth it? Absolutely although I cannot wait to get back to London. No car horns. No dust. 

And would I do it again? Yes, but I would try try try to avoid Delhi for as much of it as possible! Sorry to all those reading this in Delhi, I just haven't adapted well. I'm sure it's lovely really.

Thank you for reading.

Goodbye.

Simon Fisher
RHCE

No comments:

Post a Comment